Before watching the video, read the comprehension questions and study the words in the vocabulary section below.
- Where was the teenager found?
- How long had he been trapped in the ruins?
- How many hours after the earthquake was the baby found?
- What alerted the rescue teams to search for him?
- How many people have been affected by the earthquake?
- What dangers are the earthquake victims facing now?
- Rubble are broken pieces of stone, brick, etc., from walls or buildings that have fallen. e.g. Rescue workers managed to pull two injured people out of the rubble.
- When you assess something, you make a judgment about it. e.g. After the hurricane, officials assessed the town's need for aid.
- When you alert someone, you give them important information about a possible problem, danger, etc., you warn them. e.g. Several neighbors alerted the authorities/police when they noticed strangers acting suspiciously.
- A rural area is an area in the countryside. e.g. She lives in a rural area.
- When you scramble for something, you try very hard to get it before someone else does. e.g. Both players scrambled for the ball.