June 3, 2012. Bob Simon profiles international film star Angelina Jolie who is often called "the most beautiful woman in the world," but Jolie has worked hard to prove she's far more than that.
Watch the video and discuss the questions. (Click here to watch the video on YouTube.)
- How is Angelina Jolie depicted by the tabloids?
- What is the title of the film she has directed?
- Why did she shoot her film in Budapest?
- What is the film about?
- What is the storyline of the film?
- How many movies has Angelina acted in?
- How old was she when her parents broke up?
- What role did she win an Oscar for?
- What kind of film is "A Mighty Heart"?
- What job did she want to do before she became a star?
- How many countries has she visited as a Goodwill Ambassador for the UN?
- How many children has she had?
- How does she get on with her father?
- What has her mother taught her?
- What is her next film going to be about?
- If you draw the short straw (informal), you are selected to do an undesirable task. e.g. Sorry, Jim, you drew the short straw. You're on toilet-cleaning duty.
- A tabloid is a newspaper that has pages about half the size of an ordinary newspaper
and that typically contains many photographs and stories about famous
people and other less serious news items. e.g.
She is used to seeing her name in the tabloids.
- logistics: the practical arrangements that are necessary in order to organize something successfully, especially something involving a lot of people or equipment e.g. My mother was in charge of the logistics of our camping trip.
- Ethnic cleansing is the organized attempt by a particular race or political group to completely remove from a country or area anyone who belongs to another particular race, using violence and often murder to achieve this.
- A flick is an informal word for movie.
- If something is implausible, it is not believable or realistic. e.g. He gave an implausible excuse for showing up late for work.