Pink tries to have a quiet afternoon interrupted by a voiceover (a person you cannot see) persuading him to try various do-it-yourself tasks.
- If you accomplish something, you succeed in doing or completing something. e.g. The students accomplished the task in less than ten minutes.
- When you are shiftless, you are lazy and not interested in anything.
- Something that is leaky has a hole or crack in it that allows liquid or gas to get through. e.g. a leaky boat/pipe.
- A faucet (North American English) is a tap on a bath or sink.
- An adjustment is a small change that improves something or makes it work better. e.g. She made some slight adjustments to the recipe.
- When something, such as a pipe, is clogged, it has become blocked, so that nothing can get through. e.g. The sink was clogged by/with dirt and grease.
- A temblor is a (somewhat formal) North American English word for an earthquake.
- A trunk is a large, strong box used for holding clothes or other things especially for traveling.
- A blunderbuss is an old-fashioned kind of gun with a wide opening at the end.
TaskWatch the video and fill in the gaps in the extract. For full screen view, click here.