Oct. 2 - At least 36 people died and dozens more injured when a ferry sank near Hong Kong's Lamma island after a collision with another vessel. Sarah Charlton reports.
Watch the video and answer the questions.
- How many people was the ferry carrying?
- What company did it belong to?
- Who were the passengers?
- Where was the ferry taking them?
- Where was the second ship heading?
- What followed the collision?
- How many people were sent to hospital?
- Did the second boat continue its journey?
- Were any children among the people who died?
A vessel is a ship or large boat (formal). e.g. a fishing/sailing vessel
A maritime disaster is a disaster that happens at sea.
When you launch something, you begin something that requires much effort. e.g. The police have launched an investigation into his activities.
A mortuary is a place where the bodies of dead people are kept until they are buried or cremated
There is a video transcript here.
Read more on this story: