Task 1Watch the video and answer the following questions.
- When was the terracotta army discovered?
- How many clay soldiers were found in the underground chambers surrounding the emperor's tomb?
- How old was Ying Zheng when he came to power?
- How did he become the first emperor of China?
- How many years did he reign over China?
- What were his most important accomplishments?
- Why did he spend his last years searching for the elixir of life?
- Besides the terracotta soldiers, what other figurines were found in the underground necropolis?
- How many laborers worked on the project according to archaeologists?
- What features make each statue unique?
- Why hasn't the emperor's tomb been excavated yet?
- What is the emperor's tomb thought to contain?